- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- For the sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the first 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut roast in half. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add pork roast and brown on all sides.
- Place pork roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; pour sauce over pork and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
3 ounces cooked pork: 205 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.