Slow Cooker Curry Pork
I’m a stay-at-home mom, and the slow cooker helps me create dishes like this pork with a curry and cumin rub. I add a splash of coconut milk. —Beverly Peychal, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot or regular curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine vegetables, broth and 2 teaspoons seasoning mixture. Rub remaining seasoning mixture over roast; place over vegetables. Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender (a thermometer inserted in roast should read at least 145°).
- Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup vegetables: 261 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Kickin' Curry Pork in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015