Country-Style Pork Loin with Gravy
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- Cut pork roast in half. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, onion powder and mustard. Add pork, one portion at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil over medium-high heat on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour broth over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender. Remove pork and keep warm.
- For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat; pour 2-1/2 cups cooking juices into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice pork; serve with gravy and mashed potatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 292 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 28, 2017
This was really great! The pork was moist and tender. Good Flavor. The whole family liked it. Wonderful with mashed potatoes and the gravy! Thanks for sharing
Mar 14, 2017
Made this last weekend for a St. Patrick's Day feast. It was absolutely delicious--people were raving about it!
Mar 12, 2017
This deserves more than 5 stars. Tender, delicious and the gravy was wonderful over mashed potatoes!
Jan 26, 2017
I skipped the flouring to save carbs, and used EVOO instead of canola oil, but otherwise made no changes. I think mine cooked 7 hours and it was perfect. The gravy is to die for. I ended up with 4 g net carb per serving, which makes it a perfect low carb main dish. Excellent recipe.
Mar 2, 2016
I made this tonight for dinner and my famly loved it! The only changes I made were to add a half teaspoon of garlic powder and to increase the amount of chicken stock to three cups. The pork was very tender and the gravy was flavorful. I will definitely be making this again!
Dec 8, 2015
Made this today fir dinner it it was AWESOME!!! Will most definitely make it again. Only change I would add onions and a bit more spices, but LOVE! LOVE! LOVE IT!!!!????
Oct 18, 2015
Easy and delicious recipe! I also added garlic to the coating. The pork loin was perfectly fork tender and the gravy was fantastic over the meat and mashed potatoes. I can see this easily becoming my go-to for pork loin!
Oct 16, 2015
Delicious recipe. I didn't have ground mustard so I used garlic powder instead. The gravy was wonderful! I highly recommend this recipe and will definitely be making it for my family again soon
Sep 14, 2014
This is very good, it's a keeper. One of my go to recipe. When I don't have chicken broth, water is good. I add 1 tsp kitchen bouquet to the gravy, just before the cornstarch mixture.
Jun 26, 2014