Slow-Cooker Tropical Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 jars (23-1/2 ounces each) mixed tropical fruit, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add pork, arranging chops to sit snugly in fruit mixture. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°), 3-4 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. To serve, remove pork chops from slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, serve fruit over pork. Sprinkle with herb mixture.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 572 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 91g carbohydrate (86g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 11, 2018
appreciate the post-my thot was why put pork chops in a slow cooker bcz they are such a delightful delicious meat product but I wud automatically think they'd dry out in there as some meats do-plus not sure who still has a 3qt CP
Sep 17, 2015
I used 2 15 oz. cans of tropical fruit instead of the jars and still thought there was more fruit than necessary. My husband and I enjoyed the blend of favors however.
May 6, 2015
I thought the pork was a little dry but my husband loved the flavors!! And this was so easy to put together.
May 23, 2014
I liked this recipe. It's a surprising blend of fruit that works with the pork. The added herb mixture that you sprinkle on at the end, adds another layer of flavor.
Apr 27, 2014
This recipe was ok, pork was a little dry for my liking. The topping was delicious. Might be good on chicken as well. I doubled the sauce for the chops since my slow cooker and pork chops were larger than in the recipe. Not sure it's worth the effort.