Tender Slow Cooker Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with onion, red pepper and mushrooms. Combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 398 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
Oct 15, 2017
THIS IS SO GOOD I WILL MAKE THIS AGAIN
Aug 29, 2016
The meat was so tender, it fell right off the bone. I omitted the mushrooms,(not a big fan). I substituted green pepper for red and added chopped celery. Was delicious. Served over Spanish rice.
Mar 11, 2015
Great easy recipe with ingredients on hand. Family loved it too.
Dec 26, 2013
I am definetley making this recipe when I want pork chops! I loved the tenderness and the vegetables added a good flavor! I wouldn't change anything.
Nov 1, 2013
I was really excited to make this recipe because I like all the ingredients, but, it was really bland. I did make my own mushrooms, but, that should have added flavor and it didn't do enough.
Jan 13, 2013
Everyone loved this dish. I added sauted mushroom to the pot about 30 minutes before completion. It was really good.
Jul 9, 2012
I just got this receipe in my email today and was actually already planning pork chops for dinner. I decided to try it and was excited that all of the ingredients were items that I have on hand. The whole family enjoyed it and our 7 year old stated that he preferred these over any other pork chop because they were so moist. Served it with the white rice as suggested and it made a great meal.