Slow-Cooked Cherry Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Additional cherry pie filling, warmed, optional
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the pork chops over medium heat on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine pie filling, lemon juice, bouillon and mace. Add pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with additional pie filling, if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 366 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2018
Absolutely delicious. (I did not use the mace, either.) There were no leftovers, so I will have to make it again! :)
Sep 16, 2017
Kids really loved it and it was so easy. I didn't use the mace at all but I think nutmeg would be a good substitute instead. Would do this one again.
Jan 21, 2012
smelled like ham, tasted like ham, would have rather just ate ham
Mar 10, 2011
Loved this recipe! Very easy and not many ingredients. My 9 year old is a very picky eater and he absolutely loved these pork chops. I will definately make these again.
Jan 31, 2011
I cooked for 3 hours on low, and chops were moist and cut-with-your-fork-tender. Substituted nutmeg for mace. Definitely making this again!
Apr 9, 2009
I have made a similar dish but I browned the chops, put them in a baking dish, poured the cherry pie filling over them and baked them at 350* for abt 30 minutes. Or, pan fry the chops and serve the pie filling on the side at the table. Either way, they are good.
Dec 31, 2008
We had this dish tonight, and 4 hours are way too long. It dries the chops out. But they were good.