Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup ruby port wine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- PORK CHOPS:
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small saucepan, saute shallot in oil until tender. Stir in the cherries, wine, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coriander, mustard, salt and pepper; rub over chops. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce: 356 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Oct 16, 2011
For better results, put the rub on at least one hour before cooking.
Oct 13, 2011
These pork chops were soooooo good!!!! I loved them and my whole family loved them. The flavors and everything were great, on the chops. The sauce was not good, yuck! Will make it again w/o the sauce.
Jul 31, 2011
Excellent taste, plus quick & easy to prepare.