Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup ruby port wine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- PORK CHOPS:
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small saucepan, saute shallot in oil until tender. Stir in the cherries, wine, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coriander, mustard, salt and pepper; rub over chops. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce: 356 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2011
For better results, put the rub on at least one hour before cooking.
Oct 13, 2011
These pork chops were soooooo good!!!! I loved them and my whole family loved them. The flavors and everything were great, on the chops. The sauce was not good, yuck! Will make it again w/o the sauce.
Jul 31, 2011
Excellent taste, plus quick & easy to prepare.