Slow-Cooked Shredded Pork
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine the beer, chili sauce, brown sugar and horseradish; pour over pork and onion. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork; shred with two forks. Return meat to cooking juices; heat through. Use a slotted spoon to serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 413 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 13, 2009
I thought the pork tasted ok, but there really wasn't a sauce per se. It was pretty runny. I think it would have been more full-flavored had there not been so much liquid in the finished product. We still needed to put BBQ sauce on the sandwiches and even though we used a slotted spoon to serve it, our buns still got soaked.