Slow-Cooked Pork Loin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery until tender; add to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water. Stir in the remaining ingredients; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 16, 2016
We couldn't really taste any apple. I was disappointed in the outcome of this recipe.
Jun 24, 2015
Nan Mock - My goodness, you gave a 4 star rating for not using the recipe here! What gives?
Feb 27, 2014
I used this recipe to help me cook my pork loin in the slow cooker, I wasn't sure it would be a good cut to cook that way. The loin was pre-seasoned with southwest seasonings, so I didn't use the apple juice or sauce, just some chicken stock instead. I did the sear first in the skillet. After about 4 hours on low, it was cooked through, tender and easy to shred for tacos!
Feb 16, 2014
I was apprehensive about this recipe with the apple juice and sauce, but it turned out with really great flavor. I made some carrot sticks and placed in the bottom before adding the roast and it turned out great. I will definitely be making it again.
Dec 6, 2012
Great, and easy recipe Let the slow-cooker do all the work, but why do you cut in half?
Oct 4, 2011
My family loves this pork. It's so tender and makes great pulled pork sandwiches the next day. Nice flavors.
Apr 26, 2011
The pork was fall-apart moist. I thickened the liquid and made a nice gravy out of it. I used a packet of pork gravy mix instead of beef (YES I USED GRAVY MIX!!! LOL). Next time I'm going to cut the amount of water. My family loved it.
May 8, 2010
NEVER, NEVER USE GRAVY MIX.I don't like seasoned salt, I prefer to choose seasonings for each dish.
May 3, 2010
Slow cooked pork loin turns out better than we expected. It's delicious and definitely a keeper. It's one we make whenever we have all the ingredients and definitely going in my recipe box.
Nov 4, 2009
I thought this recipe would be full of flavor but was disappointed to find that it was pretty flavorless. I had to try hard to taste the apple in it unless I took a big bite of apple with it. Definitely will not use again