Slow-Cooker Chipotle Pork Chops
I love the tender texture of pork chops from the slow cooker! The flavor of this sauce is similar to barbecue, but with a little extra kick. The crispy onions on top add a delectable crunch. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place all ingredients except toppings in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in pork reads at least 145°, 4-5 hours. Top with french-fried onions and cilantro just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 408 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork Chops in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.