Slow-Cooker Bourbon Pork Chops
My dad created a baked version of this recipe years ago. Delicious as it was, when I updated his recipe, I decided to try it in the slow cooker for even more moist and tender results. Bingo! Juicy, tasty and no fuss. —Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pork rib chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- For sauce, whisk together first 6 ingredients. In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Brown pork chops; 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over top.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in pork reads at least 145°, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chops from slow cooker; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer half of the cooking juices to a saucepan. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve over chops.