Slow-Cooker Bourbon Pork Chops
My dad created a baked version of this recipe years ago. Delicious as it was, when I updated his recipe, I decided to try it in the slow cooker for even more moist and tender results. Bingo! Juicy, tasty and no fuss. —Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pork rib chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- For sauce, whisk together first 6 ingredients. In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Brown pork chops; 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over top.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in pork reads at least 145°, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chops from slow cooker; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer half of the cooking juices to a saucepan. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve over chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce: 491 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Chops in Bourbon in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.