Slow-Cooked Cranberry Chicken
I wanted to find a creative way to use my leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving dinner. This sounds like an unlikely combination, but the results are incredible! —Lisa Workman, Boones Mill, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each), skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine cranberries, brown sugar, molasses, orange juice, vinegar and mustard; pour over chicken.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove meat from bone or shred if desired. Serve with cranberry mixture and rice.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked chicken with 1/3 cup cranberry mixture (calculated without rice): 404 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Cranberry Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.