Slow-Cooked Cranberry Chicken
I wanted to find a creative way to use my leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving dinner. This sounds like an unlikely combination, but the results are incredible! —Lisa Workman, Boones Mill, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each), skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine cranberries, brown sugar, molasses, orange juice, vinegar and mustard; pour over chicken.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove meat from bone or shred if desired. Serve with cranberry mixture and rice.