Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Baste chicken with cooking juices. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Serve with rice. (If desired, cooking juices may be thickened before serving.)
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 336 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 56g protein.
Jun 3, 2018
I used skinned, boneless breast filets and cooked on low for about 3 hours. Chicken was overcooked, a bit dry. Flavor is wonderful. I added baby carrots for the last hour but had to steam them separately to get them soft. When I make this again I will cook smaller pieces of chicken for a shorter time, maybe 2 hours. The taste is great and the recipe is just so easy!
Apr 11, 2018
Easy and YUMMY!!! Roasted potatoes with it. Thank you!! Will DEFINITELY make again and again!
Jan 10, 2018
We liked it, but the recipe is a little confusing. My chicken breasts are not 12 ounces - not even close. So the cooking time is too long. I would suggest with the smaller chicken breasts to cook only about 2 1/2 hours. Mine was done at that point. Much longer and it dries out.
Nov 21, 2017
So easy and a hit with everyone!
Aug 13, 2017
This is my go to recipe. DELICIOUS.
Aug 7, 2017
This recipe could not be saved into my own Recipe Box
Aug 4, 2017
Recipe looks good, but you lost me at the nutrition breakdown. There is no way 12oz of chicken with all that extra flavoring is only 336 calories. It is AT LEAST 200 calories more
Apr 5, 2017
Made according to recipe, except I used vegetable stock in place of the water to add more flavor. AMAZING!!! This is my new favorite chicken recipe! (even better than fried in my book)
Feb 9, 2017
Followed recipe as written, so pleased I did. Wonderful flavor, moist, just mouth-watering. During last hour of cooking, I added baby carrots to cook, during the last ten minutes I added noodles. Everything was saturated with that wonderful lemon , garlic flavor. A definite keeper.
Aug 14, 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.