Slow-Cooker Orange Chicken
This is a family-friendly recipe that even the kids will like. It's easy to prepare and flavorful enough to share with dinner guests. — Sherry Kozlowski, Morgantown, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles
- Chopped green onions
- Combine first 10 ingredients until well mixed. Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth mixture. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours. Remove chicken; when cool enough to handle, coarsely shred meat with two forks. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return chicken to slow cooker; add noodles. Cook, covered, on low for 15 minutes. Stir noodles; cook until thickened and noodles are tender, 15 minutes longer. Serve with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 473 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Orange Chicken Mei Fun (slow cooker) in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.