Slow-Cooker Orange Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles
- Chopped green onions
- Combine first 10 ingredients until well mixed. Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth mixture. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours. Remove chicken; when cool enough to handle, coarsely shred meat with 2 forks. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return chicken to slow cooker; add noodles. Cook, covered, on low for 15 minutes. Stir noodles; cook until thickened and noodles are tender, 15 minutes longer. Serve with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 473 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Aug 20, 2019
Love this recipe! We added more noodles, so you have to add more chicken stock and orange juice to compensate.
Aug 19, 2019
So yummy and a quick meal for weeknights. I like to add orange zest to mine for that extra punch of flavor. It's also a much healthier version than the fried orange chicken commonly found in restaurants.