Slow-Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
My husband and I love this slow-cooker coconut curry chicken! It’s a breeze to prepare and it tastes just like a meal you’d have at your favorite Indian or Thai restaurant. —Andi Kauffman, Beavercreek, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Raisins, shredded coconut and chopped unsalted peanuts, optional
- Place potatoes and onion in a 1-1/2- or 2-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, curry, garlic, bouillon, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 4-5 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice; sprinkle with green onions. If desired, garnish with raisins, coconut and peanuts.