Slow Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken
You wouldn't believe this golden brown chicken was made in the slow cooker. Packed with flavor, the meat is moist, the carrots are tender, and the juices are perfect for gravy. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 pounds)
- 1 pound carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Carefully loosen skin from chicken breast; rub 1 tablespoon spice mixture under the skin. Rub remaining spice mixture over chicken. In another bowl, toss carrots and onions with cornstarch; transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place chicken on vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve with chicken and vegetables.