Slow-Cooker Malaysian Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 9 ingredients; stir in tomatoes. Place sweet potatoes in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken. Pour tomato mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender and a thermometer reads 170°, 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and sweet potatoes; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a saucepan. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce with chicken and potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 425 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Mar 20, 2019
Made this tonight in my Instant Pot and it was DELICIOUS! (Manual setting, 12 minutes. Quick Release). Even my kids enjoyed it. I cooked basmati rice in the leftover coconut milk, water, coconut oil, and salt. And also served it with peas. It all tasted really good together. Definitely a keeper!