Chicken Vegetable Curry
This comfort dish gets fabulous flavor when I add chicken, sweet red peppers, coconut milk and the all-important seasoning, curry powder. —Roxana Lambeth, Moreno Valley, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 small sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked couscous
- Place first 6 ingredients in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, broth and dry seasonings; stir into chicken mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken and vegetables are tender, 4-5 hours. Stir in cilantro. Serve with couscous.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup curry: 339 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Healthy Chicken Vegetable Curry in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
May 31, 2018
Does anyone know how to make thos in an Instant Pot?
May 4, 2018
I would like to make this recipe very much it seems great and very delicious. Can anyone tell me how to cook it without using a slow cooker?