Chicken Vegetable Curry
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 small sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked couscous
- Place first six ingredients in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, broth and dry seasonings; stir into chicken mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken and vegetables are tender, 4-5 hours. Stir in cilantro. Serve with couscous.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup curry: 339 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
May 31, 2018
Does anyone know how to make thos in an Instant Pot?
May 4, 2018
I would like to make this recipe very much it seems great and very delicious. Can anyone tell me how to cook it without using a slow cooker?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.