Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 medium potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery and carrots; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and turmeric; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, coconut milk, potato and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until potato is tender. Meanwhile, heat rice according to package directions.
- Stir rice into soup. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 186 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Dec 10, 2018
Great recipe but why do so many of the cooks here continue to promote canola oil - genetically modified, and possibly the most unhealthy oil out there? I would NEVER use canola!
Jan 12, 2018
Both my husband and I like curry soups. This recipe was simple and delicious. Excellent!