Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 medium potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery and carrots; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and turmeric; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, coconut milk, potato and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until potato is tender. Meanwhile, heat rice according to package directions.
- Stir rice into soup. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 186 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 10, 2018
Great recipe but why do so many of the cooks here continue to promote canola oil - genetically modified, and possibly the most unhealthy oil out there? I would NEVER use canola!
Jan 12, 2018
Both my husband and I like curry soups. This recipe was simple and delicious. Excellent!