Coconut Curry Cauliflower Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add curry paste; cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add cauliflower and broth. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk; cook an additional minute. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Puree in batches in a blender or food processor. If desired, top with minced fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 111 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 19, 2018
Really good flavor and easy to make. I only puree half of the soup because I personally like it better that way.
Nov 20, 2016
This was my first experience with curry. The soup has a perfect smooth texture and the flavors don't overpower each other. I could taste a bit of each element. I gave this a 4 because I thought it had a slight fragrant taste to it that I did not expect.