Coconut Curry Cauliflower Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add curry paste; cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add cauliflower and broth. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk; cook an additional minute. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Puree in batches in a blender or food processor. If desired, top with minced fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 111 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2018
Really good flavor and easy to make. I only puree half of the soup because I personally like it better that way.
Nov 20, 2016
This was my first experience with curry. The soup has a perfect smooth texture and the flavors don't overpower each other. I could taste a bit of each element. I gave this a 4 because I thought it had a slight fragrant taste to it that I did not expect.