Coconut-Lime Chicken Curry Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/4 hours
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) light coconut milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Place the first nine ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Skim fat; stir in cooked rice. Cook, covered, on low 15-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle servings with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 356 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Nov 14, 2017
Much too much lime! The spice was good but the lime overpowered everything else. I love this idea and will keep the basics around to tweak to fit our tastes better. Add some veggies to give it some texture and variety also.
Sep 16, 2015
This has a wonderful coconut lime flavor, however, I wouldn't call it a soup if you follow the directions to a "t" - it's more like a loose casserole, which is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. I ended up adding low sodium chicken broth to loosen it up a bit, but if you don't mind the thicker consistency, it's not really needed because as is it tastes great. Not spicy at all to me - I like super hot food though. Thanks for the recipe Lisa R!