Coconut Mango Thai Beef Curry
My recipe provides a lot of sweet heat. The mango and coconut milk taste tropical while the curry paste adds a little fire. It’s a great dish to spice up the traditional offerings of the season. To make a milder dish, just reduce the amount of curry paste. —Terri Lynn Merritts, Nashville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried mango, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat peanut oil over low heat. Stir in curry paste. Cook and stir 3-5 minutes. Add coconut milk; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer. Stir in beef, mango, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 2 hours. If desired, serve with rice.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with regular (full-fat) coconut milk. Light coconut milk contains less fat.