Coconut Mango Thai Beef Curry
My recipe provides a lot of sweet heat. The mango and coconut milk taste tropical while the curry paste adds a little fire. It’s a great dish to spice up the traditional offerings of the season. To make a milder dish, just reduce the amount of curry paste. —Terri Lynn Merritts, Nashville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried mango, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat peanut oil over low heat. Stir in curry paste. Cook and stir 3-5 minutes. Add coconut milk; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer. Stir in beef, mango, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 2 hours. If desired, serve with rice.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with regular (full-fat) coconut milk. Light coconut milk contains less fat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 578 calories, 38g fat (23g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Mango Red Thai Beef Curry in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.