Thai Chicken Curry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until outside surface of chicken is no longer pink. Add green onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and stock until smooth; stir into pan. Add coconut milk, lime juice, curry paste and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with rice; sprinkle with coconut.
Editor's NoteLook for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
Nutrition Facts1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice: 358 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 18, 2019
I used breast meat from a chicken I cooked in the slow cooker. I cut them into chunks and added them to the sauce along with cooked red bell peppers. It was not spicy enough for us so added hot peppers at the table. We enjoyed it with Aldi's couscous with chick peas
Apr 9, 2016
Sorry, but this just wasn't good. Tasteless.
Feb 8, 2016
I think this a very good basic recipe. She said she toned it way down to be palatable for most people. I too added more spice, but have lived in these countries and grew accustomed to the flavor. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Jan 11, 2016
Even the kids liked it. Next time I will add more curry, garlic etc to amp up the flavor.
Mar 26, 2015
I added red bell peppers and bamboo shoots to this and quite a bit more curry to give it a more authentic Thai flavor.
Feb 27, 2015
We enjoy the chicken curry and will have to spice it up a little to make real and more enjoyable
Oct 5, 2013
have made this twice now, with substitutions. It's a huge hit with the entire family. Second time, I just laid it on a bed of spinach - yum!! I was out of coconut milk the second time and used some sweetened condensed milk instead, cooking the coconut into the sauce - my husband really loved it.
Sep 29, 2013
OMG so good. I added a lot more curry paste. I also toasted the unsweetened coconut to put on top. This gave it an extra added flavor. On the side I did Near East brown rice. Would definitely make again.
Sep 13, 2013
I used a tablespoon of masman curry paste. I also added vegetables beans, cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant, potatoes and peas What I had from the garden
Sep 7, 2013
My husband and I agree with the previous review. This was really bland and thin tasting.