Thai-Style Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Dry roasted peanuts
- In a large saucepan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add chicken, carrot and celery; cook and stir until vegetables are slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk, curry paste, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Add edamame; cook 5 minutes more. Stir in spinach, green onion and lemon zest until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; top with cilantro and peanuts.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 270 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Jun 13, 2018
I love this recipe and will make it again in the near future!! The combination of flavors are delicious.
May 10, 2018
This was really delicious, quick and easy. made very few changes, didn't have lemon to zest so used lemon pepper seasoning and switched the edamame for cannellini beans just because of the not so good things I read on the internet about the edamame. Would definitely make it again.
Mar 12, 2018
Have made this twice. Easy and consistently delicious! Brought it to a neighborhood soup gathering and it was a favorite! We like it with peanuts, but left peanuts out for the potluck gathering due to allergy concerns. It was great both ways.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.