Chili Sauce Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Place chicken on a greased grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Freeze option: Freeze chicken with 1-1/2 cups marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Freeze reserved marinade in a freezer container. To use, thaw chicken with marinade and the reserved marinade in refrigerator overnight. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill as directed, basting with reserved marinade.
Mar 10, 2018
Absolutely DELICIOUS! Too snowy and cold outside to grill, so like others, I also baked it. I read reviews of baking at 350 & 400, so I started at 375 for 15 mins; basted; another 15 mins; basted; and then bumped it up to 400 w/the last basting. AMAZING!!! This is a definite KEEPER! Thank you for sharing!
Nov 30, 2016
Good tasting chicken. I baked it for 30 mins at 350 and it came out great.
Sep 25, 2016
I've made this recipe a couple of times and recieved great complements on how tasty this recipe had turned out! Thanks for another great and delicious recipe!!
Sep 6, 2016
I used breasts instead of thighs as that is what family likes. Family wants me to put this in the crockpot next time. Great sauce.
May 28, 2016
I made this tonight for dinner. I work very hard to find the perfect dinner for my husband.. such a picky eater ! I ask him to rate from a 1.. low to a 10 high... 8 and below I toss out... he rated this recipe a 9 !! He said it was very tasty. I was a bit concerned with the amount of garlic, I'm not a garlic lover, he is.. but I tasted it and was very surprised... This is excellent. I will make again. My husband said "very good".... that is very rare... Thank you for this great recipe... Please keep them coming... Love Taste of Home !! and for a extra request... Please tell me what you serve for side dishes... I gave my husband wild rice and mixed veggies... broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix... Always need help with sides. Again, thank you for a great recipe.
May 28, 2016
Great recipe, I used it on chicken breasts. Turned out very moist and full of flavor.
Feb 24, 2016
Simple and tasty! Hardest part was chopping the garlic.
Aug 17, 2015
I'm sure this is delicious, but I'm really confused as to why it was shown in a line-up of recipes listed as "5-ingredient chicken recipes"! There are NOT 5 ingredients, but 8!
Aug 15, 2015
These were so good and easy. Only had hot chili sauce and WOW they had a lot of heat. Next time I will use mild chili sauce.
May 23, 2015
Mmm - I love chili sauce and chicken, and this recipe was great! I used garlic powder instead of whole garlic and I baked it around 45 minutes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.