Grilled Monterey Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, halved
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thin slices sweet onion
- 6 thin slices tomato
- 6 thin slices avocado
- 6 thin slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook bacon according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Move chicken to edges of grill. Top each with two bacon pieces and one slice of onion, tomato, avocado and cheese. Cover and grill 4-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Mar 11, 2014
Excellent, moist and tender. Good flavor combo.
Jan 24, 2014
Whole family enjoyed.
Jul 3, 2013
Tasty & enjoyed by my whole family.
Aug 20, 2011
This chicken is excellent! Moist and tasty.. and the kids like it, too! I serve it on corn-dusted Kaiser rolls as a sandwich, and everybody loves it!
Aug 16, 2011
Delicious & easy. I don't like avocado so I did leave out, but followed the rest of the recipe. I had over a layer of fried rice. Very tasty. I am going to try it on a hard roll as a sandwich next time. Thanks Sherri.
Jul 23, 2010
Loved this recipe! I did use guacamole in place of the avocado slices. It was yummy.
Apr 8, 2010
OMG!!! this is one of my favorite chicken recipes. I make this at least once per week. the marinade keeps the chicken from drying out. i followed the recipe exactly with one exception. Instead of soy sauce, i used teryaki sauce because that's all i had on hand. PERFECTO!!
Apr 7, 2010
I've made this chicken many times; family enjoys it and we just top with bacon cheese since no one likes tomato or avacodo.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.