Grilled Monterey Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, halved
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thin slices sweet onion
- 6 thin slices tomato
- 6 thin slices avocado
- 6 thin slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook bacon according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Move chicken to edges of grill. Top each with two bacon pieces and one slice of onion, tomato, avocado and cheese. Cover and grill 4-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Mar 11, 2014
Excellent, moist and tender. Good flavor combo.
Jan 24, 2014
Whole family enjoyed.
Jul 3, 2013
Tasty & enjoyed by my whole family.
Aug 20, 2011
This chicken is excellent! Moist and tasty.. and the kids like it, too! I serve it on corn-dusted Kaiser rolls as a sandwich, and everybody loves it!
Aug 16, 2011
Delicious & easy. I don't like avocado so I did leave out, but followed the rest of the recipe. I had over a layer of fried rice. Very tasty. I am going to try it on a hard roll as a sandwich next time. Thanks Sherri.
Jul 23, 2010
Loved this recipe! I did use guacamole in place of the avocado slices. It was yummy.
Apr 8, 2010
OMG!!! this is one of my favorite chicken recipes. I make this at least once per week. the marinade keeps the chicken from drying out. i followed the recipe exactly with one exception. Instead of soy sauce, i used teryaki sauce because that's all i had on hand. PERFECTO!!
Apr 7, 2010
I've made this chicken many times; family enjoys it and we just top with bacon cheese since no one likes tomato or avacodo.