Chicken with Green Chili Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, water, chilies and lemon juice. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 332 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jul 19, 2014
Very good flavor. I did make a few minor changes. I just sprinkled the Cajun seasoning on, used the whole cans of soup and green chilies, increased the water it 1/2 C and added the lemon juice to taste
Jan 31, 2012
I added extra season to the chicken for flavor and I used all the soup to have more sauce for the rice. This recipe is quick and easy and is one I go to when I don't want to be in the kitchen too long.
Sep 26, 2011
Just plain wonderful and so easy. I used chicken tenders and I feel that worked even better.
Mar 15, 2011
We did not care for the flavors in this dish.
May 16, 2010
This recipe was good. I would make it again for sure. We do make our own cajun seasoning from Emeril recipe and used this on thin cut chicken cutlets taking care not to over cook, instead of the larger chicken breast halves. This gave me servings for 5 people which was plenty when serving with rice, vegatable and a salad. However, the sauce was milder than expected so next time I plan to add a bit of serrano pepper for a bit more heat.
Apr 17, 2010
We enjoyed this recipe very much. Be sure to add a colorful vegetable (the mixed bell peppers) or the plate will look very bland. I sauteed some bell pepper and green onion.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.