Creamy Green Chile Chicken Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 2-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. For crumb topping, whisk together flour, cheese and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cream; stir just until moistened. On a lightly greased 15x10x1-inch pan, crumble mixture into 1/2- to 1-in. pieces.
- Bake on an upper oven rack until light golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in soup, enchilada sauce, green chiles and chicken. Transfer to an 11x7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Add crumb topping (dish will be full).
- Place dish on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, on a lower oven rack until topping is deep golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 581 calories, 39g fat (22g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 1076mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 19, 2018
This was delicious! I substituted cream of celery soup because I didn’t have cream of chicken soup and added fresh parsley . I used a Mexican cheese blend in an 8 once bag. The topping is fantastic.I used leftover chicken that I roasted yesterday . I will try cream of chicken soup next time