Creamy Green Chile Chicken Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. For crumb topping, whisk together flour, cheese and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cream; stir just until moistened. On a lightly greased 15x10x1-inch pan, crumble mixture into 1/2- to 1-in. pieces.
- Bake on an upper oven rack until light golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in soup, enchilada sauce, green chilies and chicken. Transfer to an 11x7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Add crumb topping (dish will be full).
- Place dish on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, on a lower oven rack until topping is deep golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 581 calories, 39g fat (22g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 1076mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Feb 19, 2018
This was delicious! I substituted cream of celery soup because I didn’t have cream of chicken soup and added fresh parsley . I used a Mexican cheese blend in an 8 once bag. The topping is fantastic.I used leftover chicken that I roasted yesterday . I will try cream of chicken soup next time
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.