Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 20 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each ) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk and chiles; pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 enchiladas: 701 calories, 42g fat (20g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 1357mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2019
Really rather delicious
Dec 14, 2018
Haven't tried these...yet. But I'm wondering if they can be made ahead of time and frozen. If frozen, how would that affect the baking time?
Dec 7, 2018
Great recipe!! We all loved it at bridge group when I brought it and also my husband that evening. Garnished it with guacamole, salsa and lettuce/tomato. Will definitely be making this again!
Nov 25, 2018
One of my beast dishes forever. I made it two times but didnand#039;t get the proper taste. After that when I follow your article really I have got a new flavor, that really impressed to me. Especially thanks to introducing this authentic dish with us
Oct 28, 2018
Jun 18, 2018
Wow, family in Port Gamble and Port Hadlock, this is exactly what i was looking for.
Jun 11, 2018
These are really good. I made half recipe and made two changes. In addition to seasonings in recipe, I added some fajita seasoning to my chicken while cooking and used Jalapeno flour tortillas. Off the chain.
Apr 1, 2018
I made this for a family get together and it was the very firstthing to disappear!
Feb 17, 2018
these are really good. I always halve the recipe. I don't use a whole can of chili's either because I don't like that much spice, I usually wind up using maybe a 1/3 can, otherwise it's as written. I've made this recipe a few times- It's tasty
Aug 29, 2017
Easy! My family loved this. FYI, The recipe makes two 9x13 servings.