Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 cups chopped romaine
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, mix barbecue sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and paprika. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer should read at least 165°).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; cut into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, toss chicken with 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture. Place romaine on a large serving platter; arrange chicken, vegetables, avocado, eggs, bacon and cheese over romaine. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 571 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 1314mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 39g protein.
Jul 20, 2017
Nice meal on a hot and humid day. I didn't have a platter big enough to hold everything as pictured, so I used a 9x13 pan to serve it, putting the chicken down through the middle.
May 18, 2016
This was delicious and packed with great flavor. I served this with a choice of ranch dressing or blue cheese. My husband loves bread and could not resist putting this salad in a pita pocket!This is great no matter how you eat it! I will be making this again soon!
Apr 24, 2016
Great salad but my chicken was so tender that it didn't cut up in chunks. It shredded instead. I might try to cut up my chicken first before I put it in the crock pot.
Jan 21, 2016
I really enjoyed this salad. Fresh and tasty. I drizzled with a light vinegrett dressing.
Jul 4, 2015
I modified this recipe slightly, I used leftover roasted split chicken breasts and added the bbq/spice mixture. I'm always on the lookout for delicious salads...this fit the bill!
Mar 5, 2015
I love this recipe. When I make cobb salad I always poach my chicken. It turnes out dry and not much flavor. This has amazing flavor with little effort !!!!!
Feb 23, 2015
Jan 14, 2015
This salad is fabulous!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.