Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 cups chopped romaine
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, mix barbecue sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and paprika. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer should read at least 165°).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; cut into bite-sized pieces. In a bowl, toss chicken with 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture. Place romaine on a large serving platter; arrange chicken, avocado, vegetables, eggs, bacon and cheese over romaine. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 571 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 1314mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 39g protein.
Jul 20, 2017
Nice meal on a hot and humid day. I didn't have a platter big enough to hold everything as pictured, so I used a 9x13 pan to serve it, putting the chicken down through the middle.
May 18, 2016
This was delicious and packed with great flavor. I served this with a choice of ranch dressing or blue cheese. My husband loves bread and could not resist putting this salad in a pita pocket!This is great no matter how you eat it! I will be making this again soon!
Apr 24, 2016
Great salad but my chicken was so tender that it didn't cut up in chunks. It shredded instead. I might try to cut up my chicken first before I put it in the crock pot.
Jan 21, 2016
I really enjoyed this salad. Fresh and tasty. I drizzled with a light vinegrett dressing.
Jul 4, 2015
I modified this recipe slightly, I used leftover roasted split chicken breasts and added the bbq/spice mixture. I'm always on the lookout for delicious salads...this fit the bill!
Mar 5, 2015
I love this recipe. When I make cobb salad I always poach my chicken. It turnes out dry and not much flavor. This has amazing flavor with little effort !!!!!
Feb 23, 2015
Jan 14, 2015
This salad is fabulous!