Peach Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- MINT VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, chicken, cucumber and onion; set aside. In a blender, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mint, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Use a slotted spoon to serve on lettuce-lined plates.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 225 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Aug 13, 2012
A very refreshing summer salad, and to make it even easier we used some leftover rotisserie chicken. We also added in some avocado. The dressing seemed too vinegary tasting, so I matched the vinegar with 1/4 cup of olive oil, brought the dressing up to a five star. Oh and we topped with some Feta cheese...Yum!