Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Toss chicken with oil, garlic, salt and pepper; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients; refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place greens on a serving plate; top with chicken, blueberries and mandarin oranges. Whisk vinaigrette again; drizzle over salad. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 455 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Jun 14, 2018
I used the vinaigrette on some mixed greens, sliced red onion, and sliced Persian cucumbers as a side salad. I didn't have goat cheese so I used feta. The vinaigrette is delicious!!!
Jun 7, 2018
Great recipe! Made it as written except used fresh mandarin oranges. Very unique flavors. Will make this again. May try different fruits and preserves for variety. Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor, TOH.
May 26, 2018
Very good. I made it with strawberries instead of mandarin oranges and my husband thought it was great.
Apr 27, 2018
Very attractive dish. I was afraid of all the sweet so I cut the preserves and the balsamic in half.
Aug 16, 2017
This salad is great! The vinaigrette was very thick, but a little extra oil took care of it. I may even try a raspberry vinaigrette using the same recipe. It was delicious, and I'll definitely be making it again!
Jul 22, 2017
Delicious, colorful and unique with the blueberry vinaigrette. Have included this in our rotation of summer salads. Oh, I added thinly sliced red onion which we felt complemented the blend of flavors.
Jul 20, 2017
Another marvelous dinner from S&D! I used purchased fajita-seasoned cooked chicken strips and omitted the cheese. I nearly added pistachios and sliced green onions, but I was afraid they'd clash with the dressing. And after taking a few bites I'm glad I left out the extras. My husband, who's just OK with having salad as a meal (it better not happen often!) and is suspicious of any dressing but Thousand Island, raved about it. Thank you, Susan, for sharing the recipe.
Jun 24, 2014
This is our go-to summer salad! I use fresh nectarine slices, but you could really use any berry/stone fruit combo. Definitely a keeper!
Apr 26, 2014
This was so good!!! Looking forward to blueberries being in season again to make this! Even such a simple marinade for the chicken was so delicious!
Oct 25, 2011
Delicious! Very very tasty already request for again and again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.