Blue Cheese Salad
"A FRESH SALAD is the perfect complement to any meal, but this colorful combination has eye appeal as well. I love the crispy crunch of croutons and tangy touch of dill in this recipe."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; mix or shake until well blended. Place romaine in a large salad bowl; top with the eggs, croutons and blue cheese. Add dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 304 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Salad in Reminisce Extra June 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.