Blue Cheese Salad
"A FRESH SALAD is the perfect complement to any meal, but this colorful combination has eye appeal as well. I love the crispy crunch of croutons and tangy touch of dill in this recipe."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; mix or shake until well blended. Place romaine in a large salad bowl; top with the eggs, croutons and blue cheese. Add dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 304 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Salad in Reminisce Extra June 1995