Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing
Enjoy the rich, full-bodied flavor of blue cheese dressing without the guilt in this recipe from Carolyn Steele of Marathon Shores, Florida. Thanks to fat-free mayonnaise, the taste isn't compromised, but the calories are.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; blend until smooth. Add blue cheese; mix well. Serve over greens. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 21 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Dressing in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008