Strawberry Tarragon Chicken Salad
After thinking about creating this salad for some time, this past spring I used my homegrown strawberries and fresh tarragon to do a little experimenting. It didn't take me very long to come up with a winner! My husband enjoyed my creation as much as I did and we can't wait for strawberry season to come around again! —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time 30 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- Torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Stir in the chicken, strawberries, peas, celery and onion. Serve over salad greens; sprinkle with pecans.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 378 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Tarragon Chicken Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.