Strawberry Tarragon Chicken Salad
After thinking about creating this salad for some time, this past spring I used my homegrown strawberries and fresh tarragon to do a little experimenting. It didn't take me very long to come up with a winner! My husband enjoyed my creation as much as I did and we can't wait for strawberry season to come around again! —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time 30 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- Torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in the chicken, strawberries, peas, celery and onion. Serve over salad greens; sprinkle with pecans.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 378 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Apr 4, 2019
I just found this recipe a few days ago and today was the second time I made it. This salad is wonderful. Thank you
Jan 22, 2019
Yum! What a delicious combination of ingredients.