I tried this dish one night when I had friends coming over for dinner and was pleased with how fresh-tasting it was. Serve it with crusty French bread to soak up all the delectable sauce. —Shanelle Lee, Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine carrots, mushrooms and onion. Top with chicken. In a small bowl, combine broth, tarragon, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours. Remove chicken; when cool enough to handle, shred with 2 forks. Transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Pour juices into a small saucepan. Skim fat. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup cooking juices until smooth. Whisk into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add cream; heat through. Serve with chicken and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 1/3 cup sauce: 309 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Tarragon Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017