Red Pepper Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, red peppers, onion and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, about 6 hours. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 288 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Feb 2, 2019
Waoooo really amazing dish, thanks for sharing with us <a href="https://www.eworldcooking.com/2019/01/roast-beef-sandwich.html">E-World Cooking</a>
Apr 9, 2011
Delicious flavors and simple to make - my family loved it! I served it with rice pilaf and a spinach salad.
Jan 12, 2011
We really liked the flavor that the roasted red peppers gave this dish. It had a lot of tasty broth, so I served it over rice in bowls.
Jun 14, 2010
This is an easy, wonderful recipe to perk up chicken or pork chops-I keep fire roasted peppers on hand specifically for this recipe