Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the chicken; turn to coat. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chicken. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 517 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 41g protein.
Nov 11, 2017
I'm delighted to find this recipe again! I first discovered it in a magazine back in the seventies and used to make it regularly. I wanted something a bit festive to serve friends at a pre Christmas lunch. I'm sure they'll love it. I once served it to someone who said he didn't like chicken, he said the 'duck' was delicious!!!
Apr 13, 2015
This is one of my automatic go-to recipes for impressing house guests - because it tastes SO WONDERFUL and is SO EASY to make! Try it, you won't be disappointed. I make a veggie for a side - like orange almond green beans, or oven-roasted asparagus.
Feb 11, 2013
This was so tasty and easy to make! Both my hubby and I loved it.
Oct 26, 2010
I love this recipe. It is so tasty and so easy to make. Just right for an autumn evening.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.