Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Pinch pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- SOUR CREAM MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- For stuffing, combine the bread crumbs, water, 2 tablespoons butter, onion, parsley, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Place about 1/3 cup stuffing under the skin of each chicken breast; secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and paprika; coat chicken. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Meanwhile, for sauce, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Whisk in cream until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; add sour cream. Stir just until heated through; do not boil. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 1026 calories, 67g fat (35g saturated fat), 246mg cholesterol, 1918mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 44g protein.
Mar 18, 2011
We really liked the chicken. I am going to try it next time with a premade stuffing mix...The sauce was somewhat questionable though. It had mixed reviews, and my batch came out really thick, so I added more cream. I think next time, I will reduce the sour cream or maybe the flour.
Jan 26, 2011
I made this with a few modifications based on what I had and we all loved it. I'm planning on adding it to my menu of regulars.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.