Chicken Cakes with Avocado Mango Sauce
These chicken cakes are a great appetizer for your next holiday party. Or serve them for dinner tonight with a side of rice and your favorite vegetable! —Rachael Nodes, La Barge, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- AVOCADO MANGO SAUCE:
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape in 48 1/2-in.-thick patties. Heat oil in a non stick skillet, frying the patties in batches until a thermometer inserted reads 165°, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, place sauce ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Serve with chicken patties.