Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 251 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 7, 2018
I’ve made this several times and it’s amazing! Sometimes I grill extra and use it for salads to take to work. I’ve also used garlic powder in a pinch when I didn’t have fresh and it was still awesome.
Apr 22, 2018
Super easy, very flavorful, it is a star of the dinner on the table! This well loved recipe will be used again and again!
Sep 8, 2017
Super easy, super tasty!! Most of the flavor comes from the mix, so pick a good one! Can't beat fresh lime flavor either. This one is a keeper!
Jul 18, 2017
This was so simple and tasty. I've made many recipes with margarita mix but this is the first one where the flavors of the margarita were pronounced. Baste it early and often! Be careful not to overcook it. I got distracted and mine turned out dry but that was my fault.
May 24, 2017
I tried to make it without the margarita mix.
Aug 8, 2016
I thought this was a nice, easy, and different marinade for chicken. My chicken came out nice a juicy and not dry at all. Served it with herb & butter grilled corn on the cob.
Jun 27, 2016
I accidentally bought the alcoholic margarita mix, and the chicken came out a little dry. Gave it five stars any way because that was my mistake.
May 5, 2016
I loved this but my family thought it was too sweet. Next time I will make it just for myself!
Jun 7, 2015
Great flavor! Tasted great and kids are it too!
Aug 12, 2013
very tasty and refreshing. would make it again but for company this time!!Gail Borczyk Field Editor