Chicken with Peach-Avocado Salsa
This super-fresh dinner is pure summer—juicy peaches, creamy avocado, grilled chicken and a kick of hot sauce and lime. To get it on the table even quicker, make the salsa ahead. —Shannon Roum, Cudahy, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium peach, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine peaches, avocado, red pepper, onion, basil, lime juice, hot sauce, lime zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill until a thermometer reads 165°, about 7-9 minutes longer. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup salsa: 265 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Just Peachy Grilled Chicken Breasts in Super Easy, Super Fast Recipes 2018