Mango Salsa Chicken with Veggie Hash
This hash has the fresh flavors of spring. Using precooked grilled chicken strips makes it come together quickly. And the veggies make the dish so pretty! —Lori Mclain, Denton, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups chopped red potatoes (2-3 medium)
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 12 ounces frozen grilled chicken breast strips, partially thawed (about 2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups mango salsa, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Additional cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute potatoes, pepper and onion until potatoes are lightly browned, 6-8 minutes. Add asparagus; cook and stir until potatoes are tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken, 3/4 cup salsa and 1 tablespoon cilantro; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with additional cilantro. Serve with remaining salsa.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 237 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1025mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Spring Chicken Hash in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.