Mango Salsa Chicken with Veggie Hash
This is a hash with the fresh flavors of spring. It comes together fast and easy by using precooked grilled chicken strips and pretty veggies. —Lori Mclain, Denton, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups chopped red potatoes (2-3 medium)
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 12 ounces frozen grilled chicken breast strips, partially thawed (about 2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups mango salsa, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Additional cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute potatoes, pepper and onion until potatoes are lightly browned, 6-8 minutes. Add asparagus; cook and stir until potatoes are tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken, 3/4 cup salsa and 1 tablespoon cilantro; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with additional cilantro. Serve with remaining salsa.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 237 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1025mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Spring Chicken Hash in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.