Chicken Breasts with Fruit Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken seasoned side down in butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the fruit, onion and pepper; set aside. Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; pour over fruit mixture and gently toss to coat. Serve with chicken.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 164 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 2, 2020
This is an awesome recipe! I have used both pineapple tidbits and fresh, ripe, pineapple, I buy the tidbits in the single-serve cups if I am only making one batch. However, I frequently double the salsa recipe. It is so delicious with tortilla chips!
Mar 28, 2011
We loved this recipe. Next time I will leave the garlic off the chicken and no jalepeno and onion in the fruit salsa and it will be fantastic!