Mango & Grilled Chicken Salad
We live in the hot South, and this awesome fruity chicken salad is a weeknight standout. I buy salad greens and add veggies for color and crunch. —Sherry Little, Sherwood, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, halved lengthwise
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Cut chicken into 1-in. pieces.
- Divide greens among four plates; drizzle with vinaigrette. Top with chicken, mango and peas; serve immediately.
Health Tip: Keep those spring colds at bay (or at least shorten their duration) with vitamin C-rich mango.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 210 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as SUMMER CHICKEN AND MANGO SALAD in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.