Mango and Jicama Salad
This pretty salad has become part of my regular summertime rotation because of its freshness and versatility—it's great with everything from grilled chicken to seafood! Try it with coconut-flavored vinegar for a fun tropical twist. —Carla Mendres, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium jicama (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1 medium mango, peeled
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- For dressing, whisk together first six ingredients.
- Cut jicama, mango and red pepper into matchsticks; place in a large bowl. Toss with lime juice. Add herbs and dressing; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 143 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Mango and Jicama Salad with Ginger Lime Dressing in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.