This crunchy jicama salad contains no mayonnaise, making it a great dish to pass. Mint adds a refreshing flavor, but can be omitted if you don't have it on hand.—Stephanie Matthews, Tempe, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 medium jicama, cut into strips
- 1 fennel bulb, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- In a large bowl, combine the jicama, fennel, apple, pear and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cherries and mint. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 167 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Jicama Salad in Fast Track 2019