This crunchy jicama salad contains no mayonnaise, making it a great dish to pass. Mint adds a refreshing flavor, but can be omitted if you don't have it on hand.—Stephanie Matthews, Tempe, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 medium jicama, cut into strips
- 1 fennel bulb, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- In a large bowl, combine the jicama, fennel, apple, pear and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cherries and mint. Refrigerate until serving.