Fennel Salad with Orange-Balsamic Vinaigrette
A sweet balsamic vinaigrette always pulls everything together in a delicious harmony of flavors. Raspberries are one of my very favorite fruits, so I'm always eager to find a new use for them. —Susan Gauthier, Falmouth, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, fennel and oranges. Divide salad green mixture among eight plates. Sprinkle with pistachios; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 240 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken and Fennel Salad with an Orange Rasperry Balsamic Vinaigrette in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.