Orange Vinaigrette Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium oranges
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Finely grate peel of one orange; set aside. Cut the same orange in half; squeeze juice into a 1-cup measuring cup. Add the oil, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and reserved orange peel. Gradually whisk in vinegar; set aside.
- Peel and discard white membrane from remaining oranges; cut into sections.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheeses and orange sections. Drizzle with 1/4 cup vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for another use.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 154 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 10, 2014
Loved this recipe, just made a few minor tweaks. I omitted the sugar, used white wine vinegar and grated in a clove of garlic! Also I paired the dressing with a kale, arugula, roasted beet, beet green and cucumber salad with goat cheese.
Mar 22, 2012
This salad is great fro a warm summer evening. Grill up some citrus marinated chicken breasts, slice and lay on top. Makes a great meal. Light and refreshing!
Mar 22, 2012
This is a taste sensation. I will definitely make it again
Mar 21, 2012
Great tasting salad do not hesitate to make this one and enjoy. Have had this with different types of meats. Mmmm good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.