Orange Vinaigrette Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium oranges
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Finely grate peel of one orange; set aside. Cut the same orange in half; squeeze juice into a 1-cup measuring cup. Add the oil, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and reserved orange peel. Gradually whisk in vinegar; set aside.
- Peel and discard white membrane from remaining oranges; cut into sections.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheeses and orange sections. Drizzle with 1/4 cup vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for another use.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 154 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 10, 2014
Loved this recipe, just made a few minor tweaks. I omitted the sugar, used white wine vinegar and grated in a clove of garlic! Also I paired the dressing with a kale, arugula, roasted beet, beet green and cucumber salad with goat cheese.
Mar 22, 2012
This salad is great fro a warm summer evening. Grill up some citrus marinated chicken breasts, slice and lay on top. Makes a great meal. Light and refreshing!
Mar 22, 2012
This is a taste sensation. I will definitely make it again
Mar 21, 2012
Great tasting salad do not hesitate to make this one and enjoy. Have had this with different types of meats. Mmmm good!