Sicilian Orange Salad
Red onion and orange slices sprinkled with basil, oil and ground pepper make a pretty presentation that's bound to brighten any meal. "This zesty salad is even more colorful when you use dark-red blood oranges," writes Beverly Coyde of Gasport, New York.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- On a serving platter, alternately arrange orange and onion slices, with the slices slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with pepper.